Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome to my diablog

Yes, I'm good at making up new words. Diablog is a written conversation on my new blog. Let's have one. I'll start.

You've got to wonder what kind of day it's going to be when you wake up from a dream where your friend who's divorced is having a civilized conversation with her ex, and 'Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight, Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight and dance by the light of the moon' is running through your brain. It makes you want to run screaming out of the left side of your head. But I calmed myself and went on with my day. So far so good.

Today I'm going to proofread some pages of a document my son Jordan sent me from Diamond Ranch Academy where he works, and then I'm going to type up the school newsletter for my husband Roger who is in his LAST year of teaching middle school. I was the writing tutor there for the last seven years, but I figured that's a lucky number so I quit this spring to pursue writing and publishing. I just submitted three manuscripts to a publisher, and while I'm waiting for their response, I'll keep busy with stuff like this, as a reasonable alternative to climbing the walls.

I can easily email my manuscripts if any of you would like to read them. I'd love to get your feedback. In fact, I'm looking for salient quotes to put on the cover, so this could be your lucky break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the honor of the first post on said blog.

I had a strange dream too, but I can't recall the particulars. It had something to do with marshmallow shooters made from PVC pipe.

I like the Hafen quote.

I told my wife I was having a "diablog" and she thought I was talking about carrots or other vegetables. She heard "diet-blog." She's pretty good at making up words on her own. A diet-blog is a blog that has shorter words because it's all about portion size.

Make up a nonsense word.... NOW!

Jennifer said...

Well, don't I feel silly? Last one to know you have a blog. Elin just told me. I will take the honorable #2-to-post-on-said-blog position.

:-)